Tricolore pasta IS THE BEST THING EVER. Costs the same as all other pastas, but is sooo much better, as you get normal pasta AND tomato and spinach flavoured pasta. I love it so much I had the same dish in two different ways; broccoli pasta in a tomato sauce and a cheesy pasta broccoli bake. Yumyumyum.
Recipe for my cheesy broccoli pasta bake! (I say mine, but I didn’t actually make this. I cleaned the kitchen while my wonderful bf cooked it for me.)
- Tricolore pasta (enough for one or two servings- I wish I could tell you how much that actually is but I’ve yet to make an intended amount of pasta)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- The ingredients used in the sauce for my IKEA meatballs, MINUS the stock cube and soy sauce. So basically flour, butter and milk.*
- Large handful of any cheese
- Nutmeg, if you have any, to grate into the white sauce.
*If you’re too lazy to do this, feel free to substitute with a soft cheese like Philadelphia. We only opted for this because it took less effort than going out in the cold to buy some philli.
Turn your oven on a high temperature. Fill up a kettle and put onto boil. In a pan, make the sauce. EITHER you can heat the flour and butter together until it looks like a dough, and then gradually add the milk, OR you can put the milk in first, then add the milk and butter all at once and keep whisking until you have a white sauce.
Pour the boiling water into a pan and put in the pasta. Add the cheese and nutmeg into the sauce. Cut up the broccoli and add it to the pasta pan about five minutes before the pasta is done.
Drain the pasta and broccoli together, and put into a baking dish. Mix in the sauce, grate cheese over the top and put into the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the top is melted and/or you’re too hungry to wait any longer. Eat up.